[TYPO3-rte] Setting up personal and custom dictionaries

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Fri Oct 10 18:50:44 CEST 2014

Hi Ron,

>>> 1. Please apply this change: https://review.typo3.org/#/c/33229/
>
>>> 2. Make sure the RTE is configured to use Aspell command mode in the
>>> Extension Manager (check "Force Aspell command mode"). The personal
>>> dictionaries are taken into account only when command mode is used.
>
> I have applied the patch, "Force Aspell command mode" is checked, the
> spellcheck is working but the personal dictionary is still not being
> created. Any other insight?

Sorry, I may have misled you. Since TYPO3 6.2, the personal dictionary
should be created in a subfolder of the default upload folder of the BE
user. The name of the subfolder should be BE_[uid]_personaldictionary.

The default BE user upload folder is configurable in UserTSConfig with
options.defaultUploadFolder

Please let me know if you find the personal dictionary there.

Stanislas

---