[TYPO3-rte] Setting up personal and custom dictionaries

Ron Hall ron.hall at typo3.org
Wed Oct 8 22:19:49 CEST 2014

I am setting up spell checking for a site. I have it working with the exception of the personal dictionaries.

I have this in my page TSconfig:

RTE.default.buttons.spellcheck {
	dictionaries.restrictToItems = en
	enablePersonalDictionaries = 1
}

I have this in my user TSconfig

options.enablePersonalDicts = 1

When spell checking I click "Add to dictionary" but it seems it never gets added.

Any insight on what I am missing?

Also, I understand these personal dictionaries are tied to users. Is it possible to set up a custom dictionary that could be used across users for organization specific terms? If so, how would that be done.

Thank you,
Ron Hall