[TYPO3-rte] RTE does not store soft-hyphens and own class

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Fri Nov 16 17:34:15 CET 2012

Hi Bernd,
 > I did asked in t3.english and german list and got no answer
 >
 > maybe anyone here can answer my question:
 >
 > I want editors to insert soft-hyphens into the text and use the class
 > smalltext.

 > I'm wondering as the hyphen (­) and the class are inserted in BE,
 > which can be seen immediately in BE.
 > But as soon as I store the text the hyphens and smalltext-class are
 > removed.

These are two very different issues, right?

Regarding the soft hyphen issue, I just re-tested this with current
master and Firefox 16. This works fine.

Note that when the content element is rendered in the frontend, the word
may not be broken, depending on the width of the window. But if you
adjust the width of the window, then you can eventually see the word
being broken and the soft hyphen appearing at the correct location.