[TYPO3-rte] Using custom tag with paragraphs enclosed

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Mon Jul 30 09:41:23 CEST 2012

Hi,
I have introduced a new custom tag to handle footnotes. Now, this works
great in principle but I cant figure out how I would make it work with
paragraphs in footnotes.

Basically what I have in the RTE is code like

If I now try to make that

justo tristique convallis suscipit, ligula mi fringilla augue, convallis
tempus diam lorem id quam.</p>
Quisque sed neque mi./p></fn>dolor sit amet,...</p>

I get instead

justo tristique convallis suscipit, ligula mi fringilla augue, convallis
tempus diam lorem id quam.</p></fn>
<fn><p>Nunc risus erat, volutpat sit amet elementum sed, cursus at

which leaves me with two footnotes and a two paragraphs in the main
text where there shouldn't be.

Basically what I need is that everything in <fn></fn> is processed
separately and then the footnote is put into the text without any
paragraphs other than those that really are in the main text.

I've played with externalblocks in TS, do somehow deal with it in
parseFunc at rendering time but I couldn't quite get there.

Is there a way of making sure that it all gets rendered ok within the
RTE already, so parseFunc will just work?

Cheers,
Christian