[TYPO3-rte] Paste as plain text as default

Michael Bakonyi kontakt at mb-neuemedien.de
Sun Jul 29 10:21:41 CEST 2012

Hi Urs,

you can set the "pastetoogle"-button to "on" by default with the
following line in the pageTS:

RTE.default.buttons.pastetoggle.setActiveOnRteOpen = 1

Additionally you can hide it, if the editor shouldn't have the
possiblity to change the mode:

RTE.default.buttons.pastetoggle.hidden = 1

The pasting-behaviour can be set for each user individually in it's
settings in the backend, or by overriding these settings with the
following lines within the userTS:

setup.override.rteCleanPasteBehaviour = BEHAVIOUR

Regarding the BEHAVIOUR you have the following options:

plainText
pasteStructure
pasteFormat

I ususally use

setup.override.rteCleanPasteBehaviour = pasteStructure

as it keeps the linebreaks but removes all other formatting.

Btw. this is all stated in the manual of the extension. Just have a look
there.

Cheers,
Michael