[TYPO3-rte] Text Style dropdown doesn't show custom styles in 4.6

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Fri Dec 23 23:41:06 CET 2011

Hi, list.

I have such a problem in TYPO3 4.6.3: no matter, what I do, but no styles
from included css file appear at Text Style dropdown of RTE. However, same
style appears correctly in Block Style dropdown.
Here is my configuration:
RTE {
    default {
        contentCSS = fileadmin/templates/css/rte.css
        #classesCharacter = green
        #classesParagraph = green
        showTagFreeClasses = 1
        proc.allowedClasses := addToList(green)
    }
}

rte.css:
@charset "utf-8";

.green {
    color: #8BDC1C;
}

With this configuration 'green' appears only at block style selector, but
not in text style.
Tried to uncomment classesCharacter = green, comment showTagFreeClasses = 1,
add 'span' to class definition in css - all was helpless.

Any ideas, why it doesn't work?