[TYPO3-rte] RTE div nesting and exclusive classes

Peter Schinken typo3 at exclaim.de
Wed Aug 17 12:24:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

I configured the RTE that there are several block styles for div containers.
All persons I showed the workflow for using them are confused a lot and I ask myself if there is a better configuration.

* the user types text
* the user marks the text
* the user chooses div
* the user chooses a block style for div

Is there a possibility to prevent the user to add multiple block styles? I tried it with (does not work):

RTE.mutuallyExclusiveClasses := addToList(filelinks)
RTE.mutuallyExclusiveClasses := addToList(person)

Is it possible to prevent nesting divs? There is always confusion if the user wants to change the block style but instead adds another style. So the user needs to choose "Remove block style" first and then add a new block style. The user does not know what styles are assigned.

Best regards,
Peter