[TYPO3-rte] Chrome and image resizing

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Oct 19 19:57:49 CEST 2010

Hi Orish:

> We changed our default browser to Chrome. Now we are having some issues with
> RTE, the main one being unable to resize the image in the RTE.
You can always change the image dimensions in the image update dialogue,
but of course, it is more work than dragging handles.

We were able
> to resize the the image in RTE by clicking on the image and square boxe
> appears in the corners that allows us to resize the image within the RTE. We
> cannot do this in Chrome browser. I am wondering if this is a bug or there
> is some setting that we need to change in order to make it work.

This is a problem of WebKit-based browsers: Safari, Google Chrome, etc.

See: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=52800
and http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=54815

> Any suggestions are highly appreciated !
Use Firefox.