[TYPO3-rte] language packs

Peter Klein pmk at io.dk
Mon Sep 7 19:41:20 CEST 2009

Hi Kim.

It depends on the usage.
If it's run from Backend, then the language is based on the TYPO3 Backend
language.
For Frontend use, it depends on the FE language of the page.

For Arabic, you might need to add the Right2Left button in the RTE

Also make sure that your DB fields are set to the correct language.

(From the Install Tool)
[multiplyDBfieldSize]
Double: 1-5: Amount used to multiply the DB field size when the install tool
is evaluating the database size (eg. "2.5"). This is only useful e.g. if
your database is iso-8859-1 encoded but you want to use utf-8 for your site.
For Western European sites using utf-8 the need should not be for more than
twice the normal single-byte size (2) and for Chinese / Asian languages 3
should suffice. NOTICE: It is recommended to change the native database
charset instead! (see http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/UTF-8_support for more
information)

--
Peter Klein / Umloud Untd.