[TYPO3-rte] TYPO3 and CkEditor

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Oct 28 17:49:57 CET 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Thomas Allmer schrieb:
>> Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC wrote:
>>
>>> including building a custom, extJS-driven dialog (the extJS tree
>>> library is really quite powerful!) for handling links to pages in the
>>> page tree.
>>> [...]
>>
>> We also have our own RTE "tinymce_rte" which uses TinyMCE. I really like
>> how it works but the pagebrowers could be nicer.
>>
> Sounds interesting! But instead of every RTE implementation bringing its
> own "page browser", why not make a generic extJS pagebrowser?

I had the same thought when I read this. TYPO3 comes already with a page browser (aka element
wizard). The RTE should use it. If it isn't good enough (I see much room for improvement) improve
it, don't add one that can only be used with a specific RTE.

> Something that has a similar API to "browse_links.php" and
> "browse_files.php" but totally extJS based (and not opening in a popup
> but in an overlay instead).

Steffen Kamper and me had the idea to use an ExtJS-based IFRAME-layer as a replacement for
window.open(). Steffen even coded a working demo, but AFAIK it didn't made it into the betas.

Masi