[TYPO3-rte] External links become relative

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Jul 29 16:10:06 CEST 2009

Dan Osipov a écrit :
> We have an issue, which is probably a misbehaved feature in RTE. I'm
> wondering if it could be fixed/disabled?
>
> We have two domains on the system: domain1.com and domain2.com
> (obviously an example). RealURL is enabled and properly configured for
> both sites.
> When someone logs into the BE from domain1.com/typo3 and posts text on a
> page in domain2.com that contains a link back to domain1.com page, the
> link becomes relative. IE. "http://domain1.com" is stripped out, and the
> link becomes incorrect, since its displayed on domain2.com site and uses
> the base href setting for domain2.
>
> This issue is also outlined in thread "External links in RTE on
> multi-domain site" in the English list.

It is also reported in the bugtracker:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9455

The problem is really in the RTE transformation and perhaps also in
typolink rendering, depending on how a solution is approached. I could
not find time yet to investigate a solution.

Is the link established using the page tree or using the external link tab?