[TYPO3-rte] External links become relative

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Wed Jul 29 14:57:44 CEST 2009

We have an issue, which is probably a misbehaved feature in RTE. I'm
wondering if it could be fixed/disabled?

We have two domains on the system: domain1.com and domain2.com
(obviously an example). RealURL is enabled and properly configured for
both sites.
When someone logs into the BE from domain1.com/typo3 and posts text on a
page in domain2.com that contains a link back to domain1.com page, the
link becomes relative. IE. "http://domain1.com" is stripped out, and the
link becomes incorrect, since its displayed on domain2.com site and uses
the base href setting for domain2.

This issue is also outlined in thread "External links in RTE on
multi-domain site" in the English list.

Any recommendations?
--
Dan Osipov