[TYPO3-rte] Extra paragraphs and divs being inserted during RTE round tripping

Nicholas W 4407 at log1.net
Wed Jul 1 14:38:16 CEST 2009

My Current configuration for the RTE editor looks like this:

RTE.default.useCSS = 1
RTE.default.proc {
	dontConvBRtoParagraph = 1
        keepPDIVattribs = class, style, align, id
        remapParagraphTag = p
        useDIVasParagraphTagForRTE = 1
        allowedClasses := addToList(right,dtext,last)
        exitHTMLparser_rte = 1
        exitHTMLparser_rte.rmTagIfNoAttrib := addToList(div)
        exitHTMLparser_rte.allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
        exitHTMLparser_rte.allowTagsOutside < RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside
}

RTE.default.classesCharacter:= addToList(right,dtext,last)
RTE.default.contentCSS = fileadmin/templates/css/expats.css
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext >
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext < RTE.default

This is largely the result of trial and error and I feel its a bit of
a hack. I would like to know if there is a better way!

I have some CSS formatted text which should look like this. It doesn't
use <p> at all.

(Emergency)</strong></span>

When I was saving it in the database, it was becoming:

Both in the final outputted page, and when it was loaded into the
editor again. This was messing up the formatting of the page
completely. (In the outputted page, the <p> also had a class of
"bodytext". I was able to solve the output page using

lib.parseFunc.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.nonWrappedTag >
lib.parseFunc_RTE >
lib.parseFunc_RTE < lib.parseFunc

in the template. And in the editor using the code quoted at the top of
this message in the page setup.

If I don't put the sections in relating to : exitHTMLparser_rte I was getting:

After a few round trips in the editor, each round trip was adding more divs.

So in short, do I have the best configuration for the RTE or is there
a neater way? I am worried that my solution may eventually break
something else as I may have a real reason for wanting divs with no
attributes at some time in the future?

Thanks for your suggestions.