[TYPO3-RTE] Trouble with some configuration options

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Thu Feb 19 04:23:46 CET 2009

Hi François,

> 1) the HTMLarea manual says that option
> buttons.blockstyle.tags.div.allowedClasses is equivalent to
> classesParagraph. My experience was contrary :-) What worked actually
> was buttons.blockstyle.tags.p.allowedClasses (note the "p" instead of
> "div").

I don't know how this could be.
buttons.blockstyle.tags.div.allowedClasses takes precedence over
classesParagraph. If buttons.blockstyle.tags.div.allowedClasses is not
specified, it will take the value specified for classesParagraph, if any.

The same applies to buttons.textstyle.tags.span.allowedClasses and
classesCharacter.

Is it a bug in the code or in the manual

The code is quite clear, and consistent with the manual. I don't think
there is a bug there.

or is there some other
> setting that has an influence on this?

I assume that you are using the default proc options and that div
elements are not remapped to p elements.

buttons.blockstyle.tags.all.allowedClasses and/or
buttons.blockstyle.showTagFreeClasses will have an influence on the
blockstyle dropdown for all block elements.

When you position the cursor inside a div element, the blockstyle
dropdown should show the classes allowed for div, or classesParagraph if
buttons.blockstyle.tags.div.allowedClasses was not specified; plus,
classes specified by buttons.blockstyle.tags.all.allowedClasses or
classes resulting from the use of buttons.blockstyle.showTagFreeClasses.

Note that if neither buttons.blockstyle.tags.div.allowedClasses nor
classesParagraph is specified, then all classes with div selector in the
style sheet would be shown; plus, if
buttons.blockstyle.tags.all.allowedClasses is not specified, all classes
resulting form the use of buttons.blockstyle.showTagFreeClasses.

If you think this is not the case, please provide a configuration that
allows to reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,