[TYPO3-rte] Scrollbars & tinymce_rte AND outOfTheBox doesn't work

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Thu Aug 6 11:44:28 CEST 2009

Hi, list,

First of all I am new to tinymce_rte, but I am overwhelmed. Nevertheless
I encounter a strange behaviour: I use this tinymce_rte 0.4.0 setup
(pretty straight forward) - the plugin feature is NOT used:

RTE.default {
	defaultLanguageFE = de
	#typo3filemanager.window.width = 700
	#typo3filemanager.window.height = 400
	typo3filemanagerThumbs.width = 200
	typo3filemanagerThumbs.height = 150
	typo3filemanagerMaxPlainImages.width = 500
	typo3filemanagerMaxPlainImages.height = 500

	linkhandler {
		tt_news {
			... (same as in docu)
		}
	}
}

RTE.default.init {
#plugins=typo3filemanager,xhtmlxtras,style,searchreplace,paste,advlink,removeformat,advimage,media
// define a stylesheet
content_css = fileadmin/templates/css/screen/adaptations.css

theme_advanced_buttons1=justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,search,replace,copy,pastetext,pasteword,|,cleanup,anchor,link,typo3link,unlink,|,code,removeformat,help
theme_advanced_buttons2=image,typo3image,media,|,forecolor,forecolorpicker,bold,underline,italic,strikethrough,sub,sup,bullist,numlist,indent,outdent,blockquote,cite
theme_advanced_buttons3=styleselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect
theme_advanced_buttons4=
theme_advanced_text_colors = 016797,bacbdd,ebeef3
theme_advanced_more_colors = true
width = 480px
height = 550px
}

But as soon as I activate the plugin feature - no matter how many or
which plugins or eben just empty (plugins=) -, the filebrowser won't
show scrollbars any more, when it comes to the area where one can choose
pictures. Does anybody have the same problem?

Also, I never get tinymce_rte running "out of the box" - I always have
to write some configurations in the TSConfig of the root site. Is this
normal? Because that's not what I understand from the documentation.

Thanks to the list! Thanks to webteam!!
Robert