[TYPO3-RTE] Ideas for fe-usage

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Tue Oct 28 10:34:25 CET 2008

Marcus Schwemer:
> Hi,
>
> while testing

testing tinymce_rte? Please tell crearly what you are testing.
Plugin name and exact version number.

> 1) Setting links
>
> In the first line of the link dialog, there is a button with which opens
> a window in the backend, where you can select a page-id, ce,
> email-address, ... . For fe-usage this does not apply.

I have no difficulties with dialogs in the frontend editing mode in
'forms on page' mode.

BTW. As stand alone frontend editing mode 'forms on page' has serious
path bugs (make a hack fo fix the problem in pixe_feediting, which at
least most stand alone dialogs work as expected).

  Can this button
> be removed, if tinymce_rte is used in fe?

apparently not because setting are in TS config for pages and no
separation between fe and be

> 2) Image handling / upload
> This does not work right now.

works for me (ver. 0.0.10).

> 3) Plugin "advlink"
>
> The second tab is about click-events. I think it is potentially
> dangerous to provide this functionality to (untrusted) fe-users. Does it
> make sense to remove this plugin, even if the admin has set it explicitly?
look at possible config possibilities from
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration

and make corresponging Typo3 configuration.
Apparently there is config to remove tabs - but I don't know where