[TYPO3-RTE] Ideas for fe-usage

Marcus Schwemer schwemer at netzwerkberatung.de
Tue Oct 28 00:14:24 CET 2008

Hi,

while testing, I came across some issues, which I want to discuss first:

1) Setting links

In the first line of the link dialog, there is a button with which opens
a window in the backend, where you can select a page-id, ce,
email-address, ... . For fe-usage this does not apply. Can this button
be removed, if tinymce_rte is used in fe?

2) Image handling / upload

This does not work right now. I am not sure whether I want it at all,
since every extension can easily provide it's own image / filehandling.

3) Plugin "advlink"

The second tab is about click-events. I think it is potentially
dangerous to provide this functionality to (untrusted) fe-users. Does it
make sense to remove this plugin, even if the admin has set it explicitly?

What do you think?

Greets,
Marcus