[TYPO3-RTE] htmlArea 1.8.0 problems with copy, cut paste in Firefox 3.0.x

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Nov 27 13:36:41 CET 2008

Before I put this in the bugtracker, I check if others can confirm this behavior.
It could be a Fx extension which gives the problem (don't think so).

Copy, cut and paste doesn't work in htmlArea 1.8.0 (TYPO3 4.3.0alpha1 in
Firefox 3.0.x (tested both 3.0.3 and 3.0.4). No error messages, no kind of
copying, cutting and pasting are possible (whatever source and method). Also
tested on Fx 3.0.1 on OpenSuse 11 with none Fx extensions installed. Doesn't
work here either.

No problem with htmlArea 1.7.1 (TYPO3 4.2.3) on any of the three tested machines.

Copying, cutting and pasting from/to other fields works.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no