[TYPO3-RTE] problems understanding configuration of htmlarea rte

Simon Harhues Simon.Harhues at muenster.de
Sat Nov 8 00:29:41 CET 2008

Dear rte-Experts,

I'm trying to configure the htmlArea rte 1.7.6 using typical mode in
TYPO3 4.2.2 in a quite strict way. Therefore I'm reading the manual and
the German infos at http://site42.de.
I only want to allow following tags: a, blockquote, br, em, h2, p,
strong. All other Tags should be deleted on saving (specially if copied
from word).
I want to align paragraphs and the h2 by classes using the left-,
center-, right- and justifyfull-buttons. Links should of course get
title and class attributes. All other attributes from all other classes
should also get deleted.
The b and i buttons should insert strong and em tags.
I tried to get this behaviour by extending the default
configuration[1][2] with following lines of page TS Config in my root site:

RTE {
  default {
    showButtons := removeFromList(blockstylelabel, blockstyle,
textstylelabel, textstyle, subscript, superscript, orderedlist,
unorderedlist, outdent, indent, textindicator, table, removeformat, about)
    showButtons := addToList(left, center, right, justifyfull, copy,
cut, paste)
    toolbarOrder = bar, formatblock, bar, left, right, center,
justifyfull, bar, bold, italic, bar, linebreak, bar, insertcharacter,
link, bar, copy, cut, paste, bar, findreplace, bar, undo, redo, bar,
about, bar, chMode
    buttons.formatblock.orderItems = h2, blockquote
    buttons.link.popupSelector.disabled = 1
    buttons.link.targetSelector.disabled = 1
    classesAnchor := removeFromList(internal-link-new-window,
external-link-new-window)
    classesAnchor.default.url = external-link
    removeTags = addToList(h1, h3, h4, h5, h6, b, i, div)
    removeTagsAndContents = addToList(xml, table)
    proc {
      allowTagsOutside = blockquote
      allowTags = a, blockquote, br, em, h2, p, strong
      exitHTMLparser_db {
        tags.b.remap = strong
        tags.i.remap = em
      }
    }
  }
}

If I now insert a table or a h1 this tags stay in the source code after
saving. I thought table and h1 would get deleted by
RTE.default.proc.allowTags where they are not listed in. I tried both
inserting this tags inside and outside of an p-tag. Because
RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside h1 and table should get deleted
outside a paragraph anyway, shouldn't it?
If I use the b or i buttons they produce b and i tags in the sourcecode
which even stay there after saving. I wonder again why they are not
deleted, because of not including them in RTE.default.proc.allowTags,
but I even more wonder why they don't get transformed to strong and em
tags by RTE-default.proc.exitHTMLparser_db.tags.b.remap and
RTE-default.proc.exitHTMLparser_db.tags.i.remap.
I've disabled browser cache and cleared all TYPO3 cache after every change.
Could somebody please point out to me, what I've missed? Many thanks in
advance.

Regards,
Simon

[1]