[TYPO3-RTE] problem with combined paragraph classes

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Nov 2 10:08:27 CET 2008

Thomas Oppelt schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Thomas Oppelt schrieb:
>>> No comments?
>>>
>>> After several tries we came along with this:
>>>
>>> It seems to be required to set
>>>
>>> RTE.default.proc.keepPDIVattribs = class
>>>
>>> which makes actually no sense cause class attribute should be preserved
>>> anyway, isn't?
>>
>> Beware! A, P, DIV and SPANs are handled differnetly then the rest. There
>> is magic involved.
>>
>> Masi
>
> I didn't get deep into the processing here so far.
> What do you mean exactly

The RTE transformation is based on the TypoScript HTMLparser. The
optional exit/entry RTE/DB transformations are "pure" HTMLparser. But
the built-in "proc" transformation is an augmented version that takes it
parameters from extra attributes (like keepPDIVattribs). Some of them
have surprising results: like the fact that the proc SPAN processing
allows the "xml:lang" atttribute but not "lang" (and neither "title").

So whatever eg passes your handcrafted entryHTMLparser, must still pass
also the proc HTMLparser.

Masi