[TYPO3-RTE] conatiner and quotation wrap around paragraphs?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jul 30 15:29:03 CEST 2008

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>>
>> I just played a bit with the SVN version (trunk) and had three
>> paragraphs (<p>). After changing the block to container and quotation I
>> noticed that I got blockquote and div tags *around* the original p tag.
>> But that's not what I want. I want a conversion,no wrapping.
>>
>> Is this a bug on FF2 or is there an extra configuration for this?
>>
>> For the editor this looks a bit odd as he has to choose "remove block
>> format" to remove the p tags, so the drop down shows him the block style
>> he has chosen.
>>
> In such context, block elements which may contain other block elements
> will wrap the block in which the cursor is positioned or any selected
> block. This is the case since TYPO3 4.2.0. The behaviour is similar to
> that of the inline elements dropdown. The behaviour should be the same
> in all browsers. There is no configuration option for changing this
> behaviour.

Hm, doesn't seem to be very intuitive for me. I guess it's not much of a
problem for the <blockquote>, but it's not good for a <div>. Why?
Usually a div has no margins, but a paragraph has. When you now wrap a
is that the "remove tag" option, removes the element: the opening and
closing tag along with the contents.

Masi