[TYPO3-RTE] conatiner and quotation wrap around paragraphs?

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Jul 30 15:17:27 CEST 2008

Hi Masi,

> I just played a bit with the SVN version (trunk) and had three
> paragraphs (<p>). After changing the block to container and quotation I
> noticed that I got blockquote and div tags *around* the original p tag.
> But that's not what I want. I want a conversion,no wrapping.
>
> Is this a bug on FF2 or is there an extra configuration for this?
>
> For the editor this looks a bit odd as he has to choose "remove block
> format" to remove the p tags, so the drop down shows him the block style
> he has chosen.

In such context, block elements which may contain other block elements
will wrap the block in which the cursor is positioned or any selected
block. This is the case since TYPO3 4.2.0. The behaviour is similar to
that of the inline elements dropdown. The behaviour should be the same
in all browsers. There is no configuration option for changing this
behaviour.