[TYPO3-RTE] RTE not working at all

Styrmir Magnússon styrmirm at hive.is
Tue Dec 30 02:21:34 CET 2008

Thanks Masi, for the answer.

> All the code of 4.2 is PHP 5.1 compatible (only 4.3 will require 5.2).

Then I don't get why the editor are not working as it should do. It only
shows text-box with my text in it and all the format of the text are
shown with html tags like the RTE was turned off. The problem is that it
is turned on and enabled in the localconf.php and under user settings.
I get no buttons for bold, italic, no buttons for anything, the buttons
are not shown at all. This is so frustrating.
If it helps to understand my problem then t3editor is not working either.

Can I somehow turn on error logging so I can see the errors, get some
hints of what is happening. I have no access to the error.log file
because I only have ftp access only to my webroot.

I am so close to give up with ver. 4.2.3 and switching to ver. 4.1.7

Best regards and hope of finding some help on fixing this.
Styrmir Magnusson