[TYPO3-RTE] How to enter   in RTE on Macintosh

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] news.netfielders.de at digilog.de
Mon Dec 22 15:14:05 CET 2008

Hi Stanislas,

 > I think that the equivalent of ctrl+Space would normally be
 > Command+Space. I am not sure why it would not work. Did you try
 > in Safari?

I now tried it on three different Macs using Safari and FF -
Command-Space just does not work.

A quick Google check reveals that Command-Space on Mac is reserved for
Spotlight (Mac harddisk search). Although this hotkey seems to be
switched off by default in the Spotlight preferences, it looks like it
is blocked never the less.

Would it be possible to add a second key combination that also creates
 ?  Shift-Space would be available AFAIK. If Shift-Space and
Ctrl-Space both would insert a   there would be a functional hotkey
on any system. BTW: Word and Dreamweaver both use Ctrl-Shift-Space to
insert a non-breaking-space.

Cheers and have a wonderful Christmas time.
Jörg.