[TYPO3-RTE] Changing default value for table header cells (thead)

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sun Dec 21 07:34:04 CET 2008

Hi Jörg,

just a remark in favour of having header cells on top or left as a default value:
Even if your editors do not know what header cells are they should be taught what they are good for in case you want them to produce accessible tables. For screenreaders the correct usage of th are a
prerequisite. I suppose that usually that header cells are styled differently than th. In case you do not know: You can even have odd and even rows in RTE now. It is in the docs, but I also posted the
relevant snippet in a thread called 'Marking odd and even rows in a RTE table'.

Prosit and a relaxing X-mas, Uschi