[TYPO3-RTE] Custom tag and paragraphs

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Fri Dec 19 04:24:46 CET 2008

Hi,
I've written an extension that adds a common tag <fn> used for
footnotes in the editor. Generally that works fine with footnotes just
entered in the place where I want to refer to them and then being
rendered in the right place by the extension. However, I cannot get
this to work with footnotes that span several paragraphs. The RTE will
always believe that I'm ending the paragraph I am in as soon as I start
a new paragraph within the footnote. So, if I wanted to write something
like

foo bar bla bla<fn>test line
second parageraph in footnote</fn> bla bla bar foo

I'll get something like

However, this should look like

Is it possible to configure the RTE to behave like that? Or at least
ignore line breaks in the footnote?

Cheers,
Christian