[TYPO3-RTE] RTE translation

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Wed Dec 17 16:25:09 CET 2008

Federico Bernardin wrote:

> I've a problem with tinyRTE, but I don't know if the problem is
> related to tiny or to RTE in general.
> When I insert a < character, it is converted into &lt;. When I save
> again page, it became &amp;lt;, and it replaces everytime & with &amp;
> Can I define some characters to not be converted?
> Can anyone help me?

it's sort of a combination:
tinyMCE tries to convert < to valid html entities so it becomes &lt; in the
text
the "problem" is that TYPO3 also tries to create valid html entities, so it
thinks you want to write &lt; in the DB so it encodes it with &amp;lt;....

one needs to stop doing it's encoding...

at fist I would suggest to try out tinymce_rte as it's default configured to
handle this stuff...

if you want to do it yourself...
for TinyMCE
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration/entity_encoding

for TYPO3 its something like this...
# Default RTE processing rules
RTE.default.proc {
	# DO NOT USE HTML SPECIAL CHARS FROM DB TO RTE
	# needed if you want to save spezial chars like &#9829; &hearts; both
displays a heart (first NUM-Code second HTML-Code)
	dontHSC_rte = 1
}

CAUTION: if you just set this alone it might lead to strange outcomes...
(again I would suggest using tinymce_rte) here is it's complete proc
configuration:
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/changes/extension-tinymce_rte/trunk/static/standard.ts