[TYPO3-RTE] htmlArea 1.8.0 problems with copy, cut paste in Firefox 3.0.x (solved/another bug)

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Dec 1 17:22:38 CET 2008

Hello Erik,

Solved the problem, removing the following line from Page TSconfig, RTE.default

   showButtons = *

made it possible to paste in to RTE.

But "showButtons = * " are shown as possible value in the manual, and the
line only gives problem in Fx, so I suppose there are a funny bug her one
or another place.

> Before I put this in the bugtracker, I check if others can confirm
> this behavior. It could be a Fx extension which gives the problem
> (don't think so).
>
> Copy, cut and paste doesn't work in htmlArea 1.8.0 (TYPO3 4.3.0alpha1
> in Firefox 3.0.x (tested both 3.0.3 and 3.0.4). No error messages, no
> kind of copying, cutting and pasting are possible (whatever source and
> method). Also tested on Fx 3.0.1 on OpenSuse 11 with none Fx
> extensions installed. Doesn't work here either.
>
> No problem with htmlArea 1.7.1 (TYPO3 4.2.3) on any of the three
> tested machines.
>
> Copying, cutting and pasting from/to other fields works.
>
> WBR,
> Erik Svendsen
> www.linnearad.no
WBR,