[TYPO3-RTE] Footnotes in RTE

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Thu Aug 14 14:42:19 CEST 2008

Hi,
> I have problems with pasting a Word file with footnotes (actually
> endnotes) into the RTE. The footnotes have links from the footnote in
> the text to the actual footnote. However, the anchors next to the
> footnotes are removed (probably by wordClean) and the links to the
> anchors of the form <a href="#_xy">[xy]</a> will break because of the
> base tag in my pages.
>
> How do I fix that? Can I get the RTE to reprocess these, leaving the
> anchors and putting the article URL into the links?

I've decided to go a different way and written an extension which will
just parse embedded footnotes which I enclose with <fn>footnote</fn>
and the parse via a postUserFunc. However, this does only half solve my
problem. There are still 2 main issues.

1. I would like to parse text pasted into the RTE for structures that
look like footnotes and transform them into the <fn> tag syntax. This
post-process should preferrably be done on paste but on save would
still be good enough.

2. The footnotes are currently embedded in the text without anything
highlighting their semantics. They just appear as the other text, as
the <fn> tags will be hidden by the RTE. What I'd like to have is a way
of highlighting everything enclosed by <fn> tags, so that one can see
which ones are the footnotes. Brackets around the text or something of
the like would be enough.

Is any of the above possible?

Cheers,
Christian