[TYPO3-RTE] htmlarea and internet explorer settings

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Wed Feb 14 20:56:21 CET 2007

I have a TYPO3 website using htmlarea, but it behaves differently on
different computers.
- TYPO3 4.0.1
- rtehtmlarea 1.4.3

It is working on one PC, but on another PC I have the following problem:
When I am writing text in the editor both "blockstyle" and "textstylelabel"
is dimmed out and could not be used. However, if I toggle between sourcecode
and text using the "chMode" the "blockstyle" is suddenly available, but it
is only the deafult style in the blockstyle list. The styles from the css
has disappeared.

In other words on one PC I could use the styles in the css file I have
defined, but on the other PC I am not able to use the styles from the css
file. Both PC's are using the same version of Internet Explorer 6.0 but they
have lots of different Internet Explorer settings. Both are using Windows
XP.

Anyone who has experience with the same kind of problem with Internet
Explorer settings ? Is it some Internet Explorer settings which could be
changed in order to solve the problem ? Is it some other workaround for this
?

regards,
Gunnar Jonsson