[TYPO3-RTE] Link accessibility images

James Knuckey james.faction at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:37:32 CET 2007

> Sacha, who originally sponsored the accessibility images, told me that
> when
> links are split over two lines the positioning of the icon by css fails.

Sacha is right. I've finally had time to experiment adding image by CSS
and it does fail in IE. It puts the icon at the end of the first line over
the top of the text instead of at the end of the link. It also fails in
Opera if the text alignment is justified, Opera fails to account for the
extra spacing where there is any.

I can use the :after pseudoclass and the content css property to insert
the image - but of course IE doesn't render that at all.

I could add the accessibility icon at the start of the link via CSS just
fine! I'm almost tempted to do that actually, it would mean that much less
code.

> I can send you a patch we have for RTE 1.5.3 that enables the
> positioning to the right as well. Meanwhile this same patch is waiting
> to be submitted for the new
> release (4.2).
>
> gRTz
>
> ben