[TYPO3-RTE] why does rtehtmlarea depend on TYPO3 4.0?!

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Mon May 8 17:35:20 CEST 2006

Hi Stanislas,

first of all: you do a great job with rtehtmlarea! But like always there's
a downside.
I fear that making the latest version (1.4.0) depend on TYPO3 4.0 is not
that good certainly as rtehtmlarea is already used in a lot of 3.8.x
installation which now can't upgrade to this version.

How about implementing a switch which automatically detects the TYPO3
version and an/disables the 4.0 specific feature? I think that would be in
the interest of many people (including me) and you would do them a great
favour!
As far as I got it the new features are centered around DAM browsers,
aren't they? So it would be even cooler to detect whether DAM is installed,
too.

best regards, keep up the good work!
Ingo

--