[TYPO3-RTE] tt_news and HTMLarea rendering issue

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Mon May 8 09:52:36 CEST 2006

Morning

Thanks for the reply.

Stanislas Rolland wrote:

> Not clear from your description if this would be a RTE transformation,
> frontend rendering or perhaps a caching problem.

I think it has to do with FE rendering, as I've cleared the cache
repeatedly. And looking at the content in the DB it looks fine.

> Question 1: Do you have these problems with tt_news records only, or
> also with tt_content records.

No it appears not to happen for regular conetnt, only tt_news content

> Question 2: If you look at your RTE configuration in Page TSConfig using
> Web > Info > RTE, what do you have for RTE.config.tt_news....?

when i look here I see:

1) For regular content:
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext{
	proc.overruleMode = ts_css
	types{
		text.proc.overruleMode = ts_css
		textpic.proc.overruleMode = ts_css
	}
}

and for tt_news

RTE.config.tt_news.bodytext.proc.overruleMode = ts_css

Forgive me for anyhting stupid that I'm doing here, I've never usedf the
  news extension before so maybe I'm just not setting the RTE up
correctly for it...

I've noticed the small section in the tt_news manual regarding the RTE,
but I'm not quite sure how to use it to my advantage.  I did notice that
adding lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks = table, blockquote, ol, ul, h1,
h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 seemed to have some effect to my rendering of tt_news
items, and correct some of the problems.

So my questions no becomes (as its apparently a FE rendering issue) how
do i set up the RTE for tt_news so it renders correctly, and behaves
like for tt_content?