[TYPO3-RTE] Images in rte are only resized in tag

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Jan 28 16:18:28 CET 2006

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi List,
>
> i'm looking for the possibility to resample images inserted in rte with IM.
> Nirnally they are only resized in imagetag, so if someone inserts a large
> image the page will load this large image.
>
> Is there any possibility to "postprocess" the Content and replace that
> images with the generated thumbs ?

I am worried about the same issue. There are many reasons to disallow
images in RTE and this is one of them.

Perhaps a TYPOIMG tag is the solution. When you add the image the img
tag is transformed into a TYPOIMG. The image is then handled like other
images in TYPO3 (resizing via copy in typo3temp). This would also enable
the click-enlarge feature (bug #880).

Masi

PS: Is it possible to disable only the standard-image in RTE? IMHO only
the magic-image makes any sense at all.