[TYPO3-RTE] windows_remap and special chars

Christoph Forman Christoph.Forman at web.de
Wed Jan 25 16:01:06 CET 2006

Hi Newsgroup,

I had made an update of the extension rtehtmlarea from 0.7.0 to 1.1.2
- I know 0.7.0 is very old, but "never change a running system" - and
realized that the option windows_remap does not work any more. As I
looked into the source, I could not find the method/function
remap_chars() in class.ux_t3lib_parsehtml_proc.php.
This function was used to replace the spezial-chars into html chars.
Now - without remaping - every quote "„" is displayed as an "?"
instead of "„".

Can you tell me, how I to enable this remaping again or what I had to
do to display the quotes right?

Thanks
Christoph Forman