[TYPO3-RTE] Using htmlarea over a SSL-proxy

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Thu Jan 19 07:42:01 CET 2006

Hi Sacha,

> at the moment I have to use htmlarea on a server behind a firewall with
> ssl-proxy.
>
> The request URL that all external editors have to use to reach the the
> backend is https://vpn.name.tld/typo3/ but internally the request scheme
> is changed into http via a ssl-proxy. The 'ServerName', defined in the
> Apache vhost is something like typo3.name.tld
>
> When I open a content-element and click on the e.g. link-button,
> htmlarea tries to open the pop-up window and uses the http scheme and
> also the 'ServerName' from the Apache vhost.
>
> So not everything seems to be called with a relative path. Can`t the
> link, table and info tables use a relative path? Or is there any other
> way to solve this?

I modified the extension to ensure that the link, image, user and
acronym popups now use a relative address for their respective scripts.
I think that the table button already uses a relative address, while the
table/row/cell properties do not access the server in any way.

There are cases where a relative address will not work in some browsers.
The url must be completely specified. This is the case for the css files
linked into the editing area iframe. It may also be the case for some
files downloaded through XMLHttpRequest.