[TYPO3-RTE] htmlarea and lib.parseFunc_RTE configuration

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Sat Feb 18 03:38:16 CET 2006

When working with a WYSIWYG editor, one would reasonably expect that
what he sees is REALLY what he gets.

After yet another struggling with configuration of Typo3 and desperate
attempts to Google out some good answer I came to a conclusion that this
not the case of Typo3 and rtehtmlarea.

rtehtmlarea produces a solid HTML code but what comes next (storing in
the db and showing in the FE) is something that I cannot manage to get
right. All I want could be described in these points:

DO NOTs:
-------
- DO NOT add any of those class="bodytext" paragraphs
- DO NOT add any of those style="margin:0 0 0 0;" paragraphs
- DO NOT remove any defined CSS classess
- DO NOT add any target="page" into the links
- DO NOT mess up the HTML code in any undefined way

DOs:
---
- DO prepare links so that they can be translated by RealURL into nice
addresses

1. MY QUESTION: Pretty please, can someone "shepherd the weak through
the valley of darkness" (give me a configuration that would meet the
mentioned criteria)?

2. PHILOSOPHICAL QUESTION: Shouldn't this be a configuration that comes
'out of the box'? Isn't this what most webdevelopers want or am I such a
  weirdo?

Tomas Mrozek