[TYPO3-RTE] RFC: naming of configuration-schemes

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Feb 8 13:21:49 CET 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb am 08.02.2006 12:03:

>> Minimal (For advanced administrators only)
>> Typical (For most situations)
>> Demo (Not for production environments)

> If I was a new user I still would have to guess which of those
> configurations is the one with least Buttons. I think I would have guessed
> "Minimal".

Which is correct, as far as I see.

> Suggestion: Add to the description how it will affect the button view:
>
> Minimal (show all buttons, for advanced administrators only)
> Typical (for most situations)
> Demo (show just a few buttons, not for production environments)

I think you mixed it up. Its "minimal" that has just a few buttons
(bold,italic,undo,redo,about, as Stanislau pointed out) and "demo" has
not just all buttons, but lots of "fancy" show-off features
(pre-configured css-styles, etc). This "demo" is not intended for
productive use, which is why I suggested moving it off to another
extension in TER and not having that come with typo3_src.

As for descriptions, I would say:

- Minimal (Most features disabled, administrator needs to enable them
using TypoScript. For advanced administrators only.)
- Typical (Most commonly used features are enabled. If unsure, use this.)
- Demo (Show-off configuration, with pre-configured styles. Not for
production environments.)

Cheers,
Ernesto