[TYPO3-RTE] RFC: naming of configuration-schemes

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Thu Feb 2 17:52:36 CET 2006

Kai Laborenz a écrit :

>  From the users viewpoint imho it is best to use self-explaining terms -
> "advanced" is not self-explaning because it doesnt say is it good
> ("advanced options") or bad ("advanced knowledge required").
>
> So I would suggest:
>
> - Minimal
> - Typical
> - All Options
>
> Second option as a default.
>
> BTW: Why is minimal "for advanced administrators only"? I would like all
> of my unexperienced editors to have minimal options...

Did you try the options?

If you try the Minimal (For advanced administrators only) settings with
the latest TYPO3 4.0 and css_styled_content CVS, you should get 5
buttons: bold,italic,undo,redo,about. I doubt that this is what you want
to give to your editors. If so, perhaps they do not need an RTE. And I
doubt that inexperienced administrators would know how to configure what
else they want to show to their editors.

I think that "All options" is not a good description of what the third
configuration is. Many people would be tempted to choose it instead of
Typical, and this is certainly not the intent. The intent is that you
may use it to explore some of the things that are possible. IMHO, "Demo"
  is a better description of what it is.

If you do not intend to read the documentation, you should use "Typical".