[TYPO3-RTE] <wbr> tag not supported in RTE HTMLArea

Silke Arend sa at externes-management.de
Wed Aug 23 11:17:38 CEST 2006

Hi, Boris,

AFAIK <wbr> is not an official HTML-tag (I checked that it up in w3.org and in selfhtml). Selfhtml says, it is misinterpreted in many browsers. An alternative would be to use &shy; - however you would do that in an RTE. For that I don't know if Firefox > 1.0 interprets it correctly. I would hope so, since even our beloved IE does it, if I can trust selfhtml - which I do :-)

Silke