[TYPO3-RTE] issues when changing CSS for RTE

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Aug 11 09:50:31 CEST 2006

Hi!

At least with Mozilal I have the problem that "clearing the cache" does NOT
clear the cached CSS files. I ususually have to type in the URL of the CSS
file in the browser and do a "shift-reload" to force the new CSS.

That's not a real problem during development, but a serious one when I have
to change the CSS of a running system.

Does anyone have encountered the same problem?

My proposed solution for this is to include (hardcopy no @include rule) the
user supplied CSS file into rtehtmlarea_css_<md5>.css. Of course now file
name and file change time (!) have to be part of the hashed string.

Masi