[TYPO3-RTE] Table styling

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Fri Dec 23 04:39:20 CET 2005

Hi Ernesto,

> We've been playing around with styling tables with rtehtmlarea and
> setting up an environment where the user can work with it. There are
> still some problems. So here are some ideas of what we missed:
>
> 1) A way of changing the class of all cells in a column. Basically a way
> of selecting a column to apply some styles (apply a style in that case),
> like we do in Word.

In the next version, it will be possible to apply to multiple cells a
style selected from the block style selection list. The cells could be
the cells of a column if they are so selected, but they could be any set
of cells that you are able to select.

Two restrictions:
1. This will work only in Mozilla/Firefox, because IE does not support
multiple selections.
2. The style will be applied only to the selected cells that are of the
same type as the first cell in the selection (td or th): this first cell
determines the list of class selectors that may be applied.