[TYPO3-RTE] Table styling

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Dec 22 18:21:59 CET 2005

Hi!

We've been playing around with styling tables with rtehtmlarea and
setting up an environment where the user can work with it. There are
still some problems. So here are some ideas of what we missed:

1) A way of changing the class of all cells in a column. Basically a way
of selecting a column to apply some styles (apply a style in that case),
like we do in Word.

2) Auto-numbering of columns/rows in classes like css-styled-content
does: tr-even/tr-odd and td-0, td-1, etc. This might become difficult if
we have colspan/rowspan. But maybe possible?

3) A way of hiding all options in the table and cell properties dialog
that we don't want the editor to see. E.g. border, colors, alignment,
etc. We control this things via CSS and a bunch of classes, which should
be the only thing the editor has to use.

4) A way of changing the "border=" attribute of a table. As far as I
see, I can only change the margin style for the entire table, but not
the border attribute.

5) Description of classes for DynamicCSS. So that I can have
   .highligh { color: red; description: "Red Highlight"; }
 which will show "Red Highlight" in the select-box. I think this has
 been requested before and I don't think its difficult to add (in
 plugins/DynamicCSS/dynamiccss.js, DynamicCSS.applyCSSRule() )

A general HTML/table question: The "frame" attribute is something I've
never used/seen before, but looks like its XHTML/HTML valid and even
works nicely. But is there a way to style these frames in CSS (color,
size and style)? I have just found the IE-specific "bordercolor", but
there has to be a CSS way??

Cheers,
Ernesto