[TYPO3-project-realty] 2 list view template questions

horace horace3d at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:21:59 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Oliver Klee <typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
> wrote:

> Hi Horace,
>
> could you please configure your news client so that your full name
> appears in the From:? In this newsgroup, we like to know to know we're
> talking. :-) Thanks!
>
> horace schrieb:
> > i have two questions about the list view template...
>
> In the future, please post only one question per posting and use a
> meaningful message subject. This will make finding the questions and the
> solutions in the archive easier.

thanks for your answer! ok, i will do so in the future...

> > i would like to use alternating background colors for the listed items.
> but
> > the marker ###CLASS_POSITION_IN_LIST### only results in the class "first"
> > for the first item. the further items get no class at all. how could i
> > achieve alternating background colors then?
>
> This is a "missing feature". If you'd like to sponsor it (or provide a
> high-quality patch), please let me know. :-)

i will try to find this part in the code and fix it. not sure though if it
will be a high quality patch since i am not really a php programmer. :)
usually i only use python.

> > i would prefer to not use ###LINKED_TITLE### but a link which just says
> > "details". is this possible somehow?
>
> Currently not. Donning my usability hat, I'd recommend against this
> because a link should make sense even without the user reading the
> context. Links like "more ...", "details ..." etc. force the user to
> read more than necessary to know where the link leads.

yes, i agree but my client has a different opinion. i will try to talk him
out of it. :p

cheers,
horace