[TYPO3-project-realty] 2 list view template questions

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Mon Oct 12 10:48:39 CEST 2009

Hi Horace,

could you please configure your news client so that your full name
appears in the From:? In this newsgroup, we like to know to know we're
talking. :-) Thanks!

horace schrieb:
> i have two questions about the list view template...

In the future, please post only one question per posting and use a
meaningful message subject. This will make finding the questions and the
solutions in the archive easier.

> i would like to use alternating background colors for the listed items. but
> the marker ###CLASS_POSITION_IN_LIST### only results in the class "first"
> for the first item. the further items get no class at all. how could i
> achieve alternating background colors then?

This is a "missing feature". If you'd like to sponsor it (or provide a
high-quality patch), please let me know. :-)

> i would prefer to not use ###LINKED_TITLE### but a link which just says
> "details". is this possible somehow?

Currently not. Donning my usability hat, I'd recommend against this
because a link should make sense even without the user reading the
context. Links like "more ...", "details ..." etc. force the user to
read more than necessary to know where the link leads.

Olvier