[TYPO3-project-realty] Realty 0.4.0 - Google

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Mon Jul 13 13:21:23 CEST 2009

Hi Oliver,

Oliver schrieb:
> i´m sorry, but i have no more Ideas. I will not run. What means
>
> "Exakte Koordinaten sind mit dem Server abgeglichen"
>
> Have i to enable it or not?

Usually, you don't have to enable this checkbox manually.

This is how the Google Maps plugin works in the FE (if it is enabled):

1. Determine whether the rough address or the exact address should be
used (this is a setting in the realty object).
2. If the checkbox "coordinates have been synced" is checked, this means
that the coordinates have already been fetched (or are not available for
that particular address). In that case, go to step 5.
3. Build the address and send a geo coordinate fetch request to the
Google Maps server.
4.a) If the request is successful, the coordinates are set in the object
and the checkbox is checked.
4.b) If the request fails (because Google Maps cannot find any
coordinates for that particular address), the coordinates are left
empty, but the checkbox still gets checked. This avoids multiple lookups
for addresses that will fail anyway.
5. If the coordinates are non-empty, display Google Maps.
6. If the coordinates are empty, this means that there are no
coordinates. In that case, Google Maps is not displayed (in the single
view), or the marker for that object is not displayed (in the list view).

You need to manually set the coordinates and the checkbox in the
following two cases:

1. The address is wrong, but Google Maps still has been able to find
some (incorrect) coordinates. In that case, correct the address and
uncheck the checkbox. The coordinates then will be retrieved next time
the object is shown in the FE (with Google Maps enabled).

2. Google Maps cannot find the coordinates for the address, but you have
the coordinates from some other source. In that case, manually enter the
coordinates and check the checkbox so the plugin knows that the
coordinates can be used.

> In TS is Googleshown = 1 and api Code is also set.

There is no such variable "Googleshown" in the TS setup. The TS setup
variable is plugin.tx_realty_pi1.showGoogleMaps.

Best regards,

Oliver