[TYPO3-project-realty] Customizing fields & options

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jul 30 11:24:50 CEST 2008

Hi Chris,

Christophe Stadler schrieb:
> I am wondering how i can adapt the reylty_objects database to my needs.

[snip]

> One way i can do this i think is by renaming the descriptions in the
> language xml file but i'm not sure this is a clever way to do it.
>
> Could someone offer some advice on how this can be customized ?

Renaming the descriptions would indeed be a quick (and dirty) solution.
Yet, this will have the drawback that you cannot update the extension
anymore (your changes would be overwritten by the update).

A less dirty solution would be to change the FE labels only (using TS
setup).

The best solution would be to add these fields to the DB and provide a
patch so that I can integrate these changes into the official version.
This will provide the following benefits:

- You will not lose the other fields which you would otherwise overwrite.
- The BE and FE field descriptions match.
- Updating the extension will be no problem (starting with the version
that has you changes).
- Other users who might need these fields as well wouldn't need to do
the same work again.
- And you will be credited in the manual. :-)

Best regards,

Oliver