[TYPO3-project-realty] UTF-8 recommended for the Realty Manager

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Mon Feb 4 19:23:19 CET 2008

Hi all,

we're currently very busy with new features for the Realty Manager,
including an import function for OpenImmo data. As this data is in
UTF-8, the BE and FE need to be using UTF-8 for this to work correctly.

In addition, we (the developers) currently all use UTF-8 and test only
with UTF-8, meaning that the extension currently isn't widely tested
with other charsets.

So it is highly recommended that you switch to UTF-8 if you're using the
Realty Manager.

We also noticed one bug: Sometimes, the FE output didn't work correctly
if you explicitely set config.renderCharset and config.metaCharset. As
these configuration values default to the BE charset, you should leave
these values empty when you're using UTF-8.

Regards,

Oliver