[TYPO3-l10nmgr] Status of v4

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Wed Oct 12 09:50:02 CEST 2011

Sorry saw that one too  late - v4 is not a fail attempt at all.

AOE is using it for a couple of years already. The problem is that we
started before extbase was even born and that we used our own mvc.

So far we haven't found new sponsors to migrate it over to extbase.

The benefits of v4 are decribed in one of the podcasts (from 2009). In
short - especially the heavily refactored structure and the large amount
of unittests make v4 more than relevant.

Cheers,
Tolleiv