[TYPO3-l10nmgr] Suggestion for Roadmap

Daniel Pšötzinger nospam at nospam.de
Fri May 16 10:06:47 CEST 2008

In replay to Daniel Z. mail here some informations:

 > - Communication between project members

I prefer this list for official informations/questions.
And skype and email for details beetween members.

Also we should use the wiki (see link below)

 > - Teamwork: tasks and responsibilities
 > - Development (SVN, Features, releases, extension key, timeline, v3, v4)

I started first roadmap in the wiki with contributions we plan -> please
contribute the features you are going to implement here..

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/L10nmgr#common_To-Do.27s

 > - Localization
 > - Documentation
 > - Testing
 > - Sponsoring
 > - Presentation of the project to the outer world
 > - Best practices for translation and localisation
I can help with documentation here. I am planning to write an article
for the blog anyway.

 > - Support
 > …your comments here
 > VDF: 7.0.4.40)
 >
 > Technical issues that need to be discussed:
 > - MVC model
 > - standardized XML format (XLIFF) for CAT tools [also a hint for
TYPO3 v5]

Can you explain XLIFF a bit more?

 > - performance issues
 > - service / interface to external applications
 > … your comments here
 >
 > To talk about these topics I would suggest that we have a meeting
beginning of
 > June. Andreas told me that we can meet at d.k.d. office in Frankfurt
(close to
 > the train station). I think this would be best for everyone to get to
(apart
 > from Kasper). Our proposal was to meet
 >
 > June, 10th from 10:00-13:00
Should be fine